J. K. Rowling, is a British author, screenwriter, producer, and philanthropist. She rose to prominence for writing the Harry Potter fantasy series. Explore more about J.K. Rowling’s childhood age, height, weight, boyfriend and many more facts.
J.K. Rowling Quick Facts
|Real Name||Joanne Rowling|
|Nick Name||J.K. Rowling|
|Birthday||31 July 1965|
|Birthplace||Yate, Gloucestershire, England|
|Height||5 ft 4 in (1.65 m)|
|Weight||55 Kg (121 lbs)|
|Body Stats||34-24-36 inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||6 (US)|
|Spouse||1. Jorge Arantes|
2. Neil Murray
|Net Worth||Approx £795 m|
- How old is J.K. Rowling? She is 55 years old. She was born on July 31st, 1965 in Yate, Gloucestershire. Her birth name is Joanne Rowling.
- How tall isJ.K. Rowling? She stands on a height of 5 ft 4 in or else 1.65 m or 165 cm. She weighs around 55 Kg or 121 lbs.
- What is the name of her parents? Joanne’s parents met on a train from King’s Cross Station, which Joanne later used in the Harry Potter books as a gateway into the Wizarding World.
- She is an avid pet lover.
- She loves spending time with her children.
- She has bold and classy personality.
- She holds British nationality and belongs to mixed ethnicity.
- She is a very sensible lady and loves her more time in reading books.
- She has siblings as well.
- Rowling also owns a £4.5 million Georgian house in Kensington, west London, on a street with 24-hour security.
- In 2017, she was named the most highly paid author in the world with earnings of £72 million ($95 million) a year by Forbes.
- How much is the net worth of J.K. Rowling? The 2020 Sunday Times Rich List estimated Rowling’s fortune at £795 million, ranking her as the 178th richest person in the UK.
- Who is the husband of J.K. Rowling? Rowling married Neil Murray (born 30 June 1971), a Scottish doctor, in 2001.
- Couple is also blessed with a son named, David Gordon. He was was born on 24 March 2003.
- She is a close friend of Sarah Brown, wife of former prime minister Gordon Brown.
- She has named civil rights activist Jessica Mitford as her greatest influence.
- Rowling was featured at the 2012 Summer Olympics opening ceremony in London.
- In December, Rowling’s mother, Anne, died after ten years suffering from multiple sclerosis.
- Rowling was writing Harry Potter at the time and had never told her mother about it.
- Her mother’s death heavily affected Rowling’s writing, and she channelled her own feelings of loss by writing about Harry’s own feelings of loss in greater detail in the first book.
- She has an immense fan following under her Instagram account.
- Since, her childhood, she was very passionate about writing.
- Once, she had suffered a miscarriage.
- She suffered domestic abuse during her marriage, which was later confirmed by Rowling herself.
- She did her BA in French and Classics at the University of Exeter.
- After separating from her husband, she was jobless with a dependent child, but she described her failure as liberating and allowing her to focus on writing.
- In that time period, she was diagnosed with clinical depression and contemplated suicide as well.
- Her book, Harry Potter is now a global brand worth an estimated US$15 billion.
- She she was assessed as the 13th most powerful woman in the United Kingdom by Woman’s Hour on BBC Radio 4, in 2013.
- Her Instagram bio reads as, “I think Jo Rowling is perfect and I love and adore her, she is my inspiration and Harry Potter is the best thing ever”.